Intercom vs Zendesk: What are the differences?
Intercom: A fundamentally new way to communicate with your customers. Intercom is a customer communication platform with a suite of integrated products for every team—including sales, marketing, product, and support. Have targeted communication with customers on your website, inside apps, and by email; Zendesk: The leading cloud-based customer service software solution. Zendesk provides an integrated on-demand helpdesk - customer support portal solution based on the latest Web 2.0 technologies and design philosophies.
Intercom and Zendesk are primarily classified as "Engagement/Lifecycle Marketing" and "Help Desk" tools respectively.
Some of the features offered by Intercom are:
- Live customer data
- Rich user and company profiles
- Real-time customer segments
On the other hand, Zendesk provides the following key features:
- Offer your customers a quick path to the answers they need with knowledge base and community features.
- Zendesk takes customer communication from anywhere—your website, email, phone, Twitter, Facebook, and chat—and turns it into a ticket.
- Zendesk simplifies your support team's workflow with custom automatic actions, meaningful organization, and streamlined systems for managing support content.
"Know who your users are", "Auto-messaging" and "In-app messaging as well as email" are the key factors why developers consider Intercom; whereas "Centralizes our customer support", "Many integrations" and "Easy to setup" are the primary reasons why Zendesk is favored.
According to the StackShare community, Zendesk has a broader approval, being mentioned in 1836 company stacks & 175 developers stacks; compared to Intercom, which is listed in 1405 company stacks and 212 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Intercom?
What is Zendesk?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions