Mixpanel vs Optimizely: What are the differences?
Mixpanel: Actions speak louder than page views. Mixpanel is an advanced analytics service that helps improve web and mobile applications by tracking how users interact & engage with them; Optimizely: Experimentation platform for marketing, product, and engineering teams, with feature flags and personalization. Optimizely is the market leader in digital experience optimization, helping digital leaders and Fortune 100 companies alike optimize their digital products, commerce, and campaigns with a fully featured experimentation platform.
Mixpanel can be classified as a tool in the "Funnel Analysis Analytics" category, while Optimizely is grouped under "A/B Testing Analytics".
Some of the features offered by Mixpanel are:
- Build complex queries without writing SQL.- Segmentation allows you to do incredibly powerful data analysis. Answer complex questions such as “Show me the age breakdown of people who are male, from the United States, and viewed the pricing page” with just a few mouse clicks.
- Segmentation actually understands your data. When you send a number, date, or list of items our interface will automatically figure out how to use it.
- Instead of just a simple average, which only gives you a small part of the information you need, Segmentation automatically determines the perfect bucket size to give you a powerful visualization of the numeric distribution.
On the other hand, Optimizely provides the following key features:
- Visual editor for client-side A/B testing
- Server-side SDKs for Full Stack experimentation
- Mobile app optimization
"Great visualization ui" is the top reason why over 141 developers like Mixpanel, while over 46 developers mention "Easy to setup, edit variants, & see results" as the leading cause for choosing Optimizely.
Uber Technologies, Heroku, and Codecademy are some of the popular companies that use Mixpanel, whereas Optimizely is used by Uber Technologies, Spotify, and Asana. Mixpanel has a broader approval, being mentioned in 1835 company stacks & 192 developers stacks; compared to Optimizely, which is listed in 1654 company stacks and 85 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Mixpanel?
What is Optimizely?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions