Amplitude vs Mixpanel: What are the differences?
Amplitude: User analytics to fuel explosive user growth. Amplitude provides scalable mobile analytics that helps companies leverage data to create explosive user growth. Anyone in the company can use Amplitude to pinpoint the most valuable behavioral patterns within hours; Mixpanel: Actions speak louder than page views. Mixpanel is an advanced analytics service that helps improve web and mobile applications by tracking how users interact & engage with them.
Amplitude and Mixpanel are primarily classified as "Mobile Analytics" and "Funnel Analysis Analytics" tools respectively.
Some of the features offered by Amplitude are:
- Real-time user analytics, including funnels, retention, flexible user segmentation, and revenue analysis.
- Microscope: Explore the user behavior behind any data point. Compare the behavior of engaged vs. churned users.
- Growth Discovery Engine: Identify behaviors that are predictive of retention or conversion and drive explosive user growth.
On the other hand, Mixpanel provides the following key features:
- Build complex queries without writing SQL.- Segmentation allows you to do incredibly powerful data analysis. Answer complex questions such as “Show me the age breakdown of people who are male, from the United States, and viewed the pricing page” with just a few mouse clicks.
- Segmentation actually understands your data. When you send a number, date, or list of items our interface will automatically figure out how to use it.
- Instead of just a simple average, which only gives you a small part of the information you need, Segmentation automatically determines the perfect bucket size to give you a powerful visualization of the numeric distribution.
"Great for product managers" is the top reason why over 5 developers like Amplitude, while over 141 developers mention "Great visualization ui" as the leading cause for choosing Mixpanel.
Stripe, Twitch, and Heroku are some of the popular companies that use Mixpanel, whereas Amplitude is used by StackShare, OrderAhead, and Intuit. Mixpanel has a broader approval, being mentioned in 1835 company stacks & 192 developers stacks; compared to Amplitude, which is listed in 109 company stacks and 18 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Amplitude?
What is Mixpanel?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions