Amazon VPC vs Microsoft Azure: What are the differences?
Amazon VPC: Provision a logically isolated section of the AWS Cloud and launch AWS resources in a virtual network that you define. You have complete control over your virtual networking environment, including selection of your own IP address range, creation of subnets, and configuration of route tables and network gateways. You can easily customize the network configuration for your Amazon VPC; Microsoft Azure: Integrated cloud services and infrastructure to support computing, database, analytics, mobile, and web scenarios. Azure is an open and flexible cloud platform that enables you to quickly build, deploy and manage applications across a global network of Microsoft-managed datacenters. You can build applications using any language, tool or framework. And you can integrate your public cloud applications with your existing IT environment.
Amazon VPC belongs to "Virtual Private Cloud" category of the tech stack, while Microsoft Azure can be primarily classified under "Cloud Hosting".
Some of the features offered by Amazon VPC are:
- Create an Amazon Virtual Private Cloud on AWS's scalable infrastructure, and specify its private IP address range from any range you choose.
- Divide your VPC’s private IP address range into one or more public or private subnets to facilitate running applications and services in your VPC.
- Control inbound and outbound access to and from individual subnets using network access control lists.
On the other hand, Microsoft Azure provides the following key features:
- Use your OS, language, database, tool
- Global datacenter footprint
- Enterprise Grade with up to a 99.95% monthly SLA
"Secure" is the top reason why over 39 developers like Amazon VPC, while over 108 developers mention "Scales well and quite easy" as the leading cause for choosing Microsoft Azure.
According to the StackShare community, Microsoft Azure has a broader approval, being mentioned in 489 company stacks & 463 developers stacks; compared to Amazon VPC, which is listed in 298 company stacks and 76 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Amazon VPC?
What is Microsoft Azure?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions