What is Amazon VPC?
You have complete control over your virtual networking environment, including selection of your own IP address range, creation of subnets, and configuration of route tables and network gateways. You can easily customize the network configuration for your Amazon VPC.
Amazon VPC is a tool in the Virtual Private Cloud category of a tech stack.
Who uses Amazon VPC?
446 companies reportedly use Amazon VPC in their tech stacks, including Amazon, LaunchDarkly, and Bepro Company.
707 developers on StackShare have stated that they use Amazon VPC.
Amazon VPC Integrations
Amazon EKS, AWS Fargate, Cloud Foundry, Amazon EFS, and Amazon Kendra are some of the popular tools that integrate with Amazon VPC. Here's a list of all 16 tools that integrate with Amazon VPC.
Pros of Amazon VPC
Jul 13, 2017 at 9:32AM
Sep 9, 2016 at 2:06AM
Aug 26, 2016 at 8:06AM
May 27, 2016 at 5:01AM
Oct 22, 2015 at 8:05AM
Jun 26, 2015 at 10:14AM
Amazon VPC's Features
- Create an Amazon Virtual Private Cloud on AWS's scalable infrastructure, and specify its private IP address range from any range you choose.
- Divide your VPC’s private IP address range into one or more public or private subnets to facilitate running applications and services in your VPC.
- Control inbound and outbound access to and from individual subnets using network access control lists.
- Store data in Amazon S3 and set permissions such that the data can only be accessed from within your Amazon VPC.
- Assign multiple IP addresses and attach multiple elastic network interfaces to instances in your VPC.
- Attach one or more Amazon Elastic IP addresses to any instance in your VPC so it can be reached directly from the Internet.
- Bridge your VPC and your onsite IT infrastructure with an encrypted VPN connection, extending your existing security and management policies to your VPC instances as if they were running within your infrastructure.
Amazon VPC Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Amazon VPC?
OpenStack is a cloud operating system that controls large pools of compute, storage, and networking resources throughout a datacenter, all managed through a dashboard that gives administrators control while empowering their users to provision resources through a web interface.
It provides flexible VPN solutions to secure your data communications, whether it's for Internet privacy, remote access for employees, securing IoT, or for networking Cloud data centers. Our VPN Server software solution can be deployed on-premises using standard servers or virtual appliances, or on the cloud.
It connect all your devices using WireGuard, without the hassle. Create a secure network between your servers, computers, and cloud instances. Even when separated by firewalls or subnets, Tailscale just works. It makes it as easy as installing an app and signing in.