What is DigitalOcean?
Who uses DigitalOcean?
Here are some stack decisions, common use cases and reviews by companies and developers who chose DigitalOcean in their tech stack.
I am going to build a backend which will serve my React site. It will need to interact with a PostgreSQL database where it will store and read users and create and use JSON Web Token for authenticating HTTP requests. I know EF core has good migration tooling, can Go provide the same or better? I am a one man team and I'll be hosting this either on Heroku or DigitalOcean.
This week, we finally released NurseryPeople.com. In the end, I chose to provision our server on DigitalOcean. So far, I am SO happy with that decision. Although setting everything up was a challenge, and I learned a lot, DigitalOceans blogs helped in so many ways. I was able to set up nginx and the Laravel web app pretty smoothly. I am also using Buddy for deploying changes made in git, which is super awesome. All I have to do in order to deploy is push my code to my private repo, and buddy transfers everything over to DigitalOcean. So far, we haven't had any downtime and DigitalOceans prices are quite fair for the power under the hood.
- We provide all of our users with high-performance SSD Hard Drives, flexible API, and the ability to select to nearest data center location.
- SSD Cloud Servers in 55 Seconds
- We provide a 99.99% uptime SLA around network, power and virtual server availability. If we fail to deliver, we’ll credit you based on the amount of time that service was unavailable.
- All servers come with 1Gb/sec. network interface. Plans start with 1TB per month and increase incrementally.
- KVM (for Kernel-based Virtual Machine) is one of the fastest-growing open source full virtualization solution for Linux. Our KVM virtualized droplets are designed to address a high level of security and performance.
- With our SSD hard drives, you can expect much faster disk i/o performance when compared to a traditional storage medium (e.g. SATA).
- We have created a simple name spaced API that provides complete control over your virtual private servers.
- All cloud servers are built on powerful Hex Core machines with dedicated ECC Ram and RAID SSD storage.
- Shared Private Networking enables Droplets to communicate with other Droplets in that same datacenter.
- Transfer a copy of your Droplet snapshot to all regions (Amsterdam, San Francisco, and New York).
- An intuitive user interface to control all of your virtual servers. Create, resize, rebuild and snapshot with single clicks.
- Full featured DNS management allows you to easily manage your domains.
- If you ever get locked out of your virtual server, you’ll be able to recover it with full console access.
- Automatically set your server to be backed up. Or take a snapshot when you reach a milestone.