What is Linode?
Get a server running in minutes with your choice of Linux distro, resources, and node location.
Linode is a tool in the Cloud Hosting category of a tech stack.
Who uses Linode?
187 companies reportedly use Linode in their tech stacks, including Accenture, Airtasker, and Apprentus Ltd..
498 developers on StackShare have stated that they use Linode.
1Password, imgix, Cloud 66, Runcloud, and UpCloud are some of the popular tools that integrate with Linode. Here's a list of all 16 tools that integrate with Linode.
Pros of Linode
Great customer support
Easy to configure
Servers across the world
Managed/hosted DNS service
Network and CPU usage graphs
Multiple IP address support
Good price, good cusomter sevice
IP address fail over support
SSH root access
Great performance compared to EC2 or DO
It runs apps with speed
Best customizable VPS
Decisions about Linode
Here are some stack decisions, common use cases and reviews by companies and developers who chose Linode in their tech stack.
What is the data transfer out cost (Bandwidth cost) on Linode compared to Microsoft Azure?
Aug 28 2015 at 9:58AM
- Deploy multiple Linux distributions
- Create Configuration Profiles which associate disk images and device nodes
- Boot between configuration profiles
- Share disk images between configuration profiles
- Resize disk images
- Network and CPU usage graphs
- Multiple IP address support
- Managed/hosted DNS service with slave support
- Custom reverse DNS (rdns)
- Access Out of band console access using Lish
- Lish menu system to issue jobs to your Linode
- Lish access via SSH keys
- Support for booting into single user mode, init=/bin/bash
- Support for booting with a custom "root=" kernel parameter
- Support for booting with an initrd
- Bootable recovery distribution (Finnix)
- Add and remove extra resources to and from your Linode
- Shutdown Watchdog will automatically reboot your Linode in case of a crash
- Clone a Linode to another
- Move IPs from one Linode to another
- IP address fail over support for high availability setups
Linode Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Linode?
See all alternatives
We take the complexities out of cloud hosting by offering blazing fast, on-demand SSD cloud servers, straightforward pricing, a simple API, and an easy-to-use control panel.
Strategically located in 16 datacenters around the globe and provides frictionless provisioning of public cloud, storage and single-tenant bare metal.
Heroku is a cloud application platform – a new way of building and deploying web apps. Heroku lets app developers spend 100% of their time on their application code, not managing servers, deployment, ongoing operations, or scaling.
No need to spend hours installing and configuring the software, database and other tools. We have over 50 one-click installers in our control panel.
High performance hosting on a simplified OpenStack platform.