What is Bitnami?
Our library provides trusted virtual machines for every major development stack and open source server application, ready to run in your infrastructure.
Bitnami is a tool in the Server Software category of a tech stack.
Who uses Bitnami?
18 companies reportedly use Bitnami in their tech stacks, including Samsviran, RunaHR, and GHA Technologies.
105 developers on StackShare have stated that they use Bitnami.
Docker, Amazon EC2, Microsoft Azure, Google Compute Engine, and Google Kubernetes Engine are some of the popular tools that integrate with Bitnami. Here's a list of all 9 tools that integrate with Bitnami.
Pros of Bitnami
- BitNami Cloud Hosting lets you instantly run every BitNami package you already know and love and have it automatically configured, backed up and monitored.
- Launch applications to the cloud with one click.
- Choose from 50 popular open source applications, including SugarCRM, Alfresco, Drupal, WordPress, Redmine, JasperServer, Joomla! and many more.
- By launching a server without adding any applications to it, you get a ready-to-run development environment that includes Apache, MySQL, Perl, PHP, Ruby, Python, Django, Memcached, Nginx, Subversion, Git, Sqlite, Tomcat and Java.
- Run multiple applications on one server and save money by sharing the resources of a larger machine between applications.
- Manage multiple Amazon Web Services accounts from one dashboard.
- BitNami Cloud Hosting is powered by Amazon, the global leader in Cloud Computing.
- Use BitNami Cloud Hosting to schedule weekly, daily or even hourly automatic backups. Backups are complete, incremental snapshots of your server.
- Restore a complete, ready-to-run copy of your server, with all of your data and customizations, in one click.
- Server scheduling enables you to specify times for your servers to automatically turn on and off.
Bitnami Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Bitnami?
See all alternatives
The Docker Platform is the industry-leading container platform for continuous, high-velocity innovation, enabling organizations to seamlessly build and share any application — from legacy to what comes next — and securely run them anywhere
Heroku is a cloud application platform – a new way of building and deploying web apps. Heroku lets app developers spend 100% of their time on their application code, not managing servers, deployment, ongoing operations, or scaling.
We take the complexities out of cloud hosting by offering blazing fast, on-demand SSD cloud servers, straightforward pricing, a simple API, and an easy-to-use control panel.
It consists mainly of the Apache HTTP Server, MariaDB database, and interpreters for scripts written in the PHP and Perl programming languages.
It can be installed under macOS and Windows with just a few clicks. It provides them with all the tools they need to run WordPress on their desktop PC for testing or development purposes, for example. It doesn't matter if you prefer Apache or Nginx or if you want to work with PHP, Python, Perl or Ruby.