Segment vs Xplenty: What are the differences?
What is Segment? A single hub to collect, translate and send your data with the flip of a switch. Segment is a single hub for customer data. Collect your data in one place, then send it to more than 100 third-party tools, internal systems, or Amazon Redshift with the flip of a switch.
What is Xplenty? Code-free data integration, data transformation and ETL in the cloud. Read and process data from cloud storage sources such as Amazon S3, Rackspace Cloud Files and IBM SoftLayer Object Storage. Once done processing, Xplenty allows you to connect with Amazon Redshift, SAP HANA and Google BigQuery. You can also store processed data back in your favorite relational database, cloud storage or key-value store.
Segment and Xplenty are primarily classified as "Analytics Integrator" and "Big Data as a Service" tools respectively.
Some of the features offered by Segment are:
- A single API to integrate third-party tools
- Data replay that backfills new tools with historical data
- SQL support to automatically transform and load behavioral data into Amazon Redshift
On the other hand, Xplenty provides the following key features:
- Xplenty provides you with an visual, intuitive interface to design your ETL data flows
- Xplenty lets you integrate data from a variety of data stores, such as Amazon RDS, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server and MongoDB.
- Read and process data from cloud storage sources such as Amazon S3, Rackspace Cloud Files and IBM SoftLayer Object Storage
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Segment?
What is Xplenty?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions