cloudControl vs Cloud Foundry: What are the differences?
cloudControl and Cloud Foundry can be primarily classified as "Platform as a Service" tools.
Some of the features offered by cloudControl are:
- Develop and push code in any language- Native support for Java, PHP, Python, Ruby and more without vendor lock-in.
- Deploy and scale your apps easily- Launch new versions without downtime and use horizontal or vertical scaling.
- Use the flexible and secure runtime environment- Run your code in secure Linux containers and easily use Add-on services to add databases and more.
On the other hand, Cloud Foundry provides the following key features:
- Application and services centric lifecycle API
- High performance dynamic routing
- Buildpack support
Cloud Foundry is an open source tool with 605 GitHub stars and 532 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Cloud Foundry's open source repository on GitHub.