Crashlytics vs Sentry: What are the differences?
Crashlytics: The world's most powerful, yet lightest weight crash reporting solution. Free for everybody. Instead of just showing you the stack trace, Crashlytics performs deep analysis of each and every thread. We de-prioritize lines that don't matter while highlighting the interesting ones. This makes reading stack traces easier, faster, and far more useful! Crashlytics' intelligent grouping can take 50,000 crashes, distill them down to 20 unique issues, and then tell you which 3 are the most important to fix; Sentry: Cut time to resolution for app errors from five hours to five minutes. Sentry is an open-source platform for workflow productivity, aggregating errors from across the stack in real time. 500K developers use Sentry to get the code-level context they need to resolve issues at every stage of the app lifecycle.
Crashlytics can be classified as a tool in the "Mobile Error Monitoring" category, while Sentry is grouped under "Exception Monitoring".
Some of the features offered by Crashlytics are:
- Instead of just showing you the stack trace, Crashlytics performs deep analysis of each and every thread. We de-prioritize lines that don't matter while highlighting the interesting ones. This makes reading stack traces easier, faster, and far more useful!
- Crashlytics' intelligent grouping can take 50,000 crashes, distill them down to 20 unique issues, and then tell you which 3 are the most important to fix.
- Now you'll get precise information on the performance of the devices that your apps run on. We'll let you know if the crash only happens on a specific model or generation of a device. We'll even tell you other information, like whether your app only crashes in landscape mode, or whether the proximity sensor is always on.
On the other hand, Sentry provides the following key features:
- Real-Time Updates: For the first time, developers can fix code-level issues anywhere in the stack well before users even encounter an error.
- Complete Context: Spend more time where it matters, rather than investing in low-impact issues.
"Crash tracking", "Mobile exception tracking" and "Free" are the key factors why developers consider Crashlytics; whereas "Consolidates similar errors and makes resolution easy", "Email Notifications" and "Open source" are the primary reasons why Sentry is favored.
Sentry is an open source tool with 21.2K GitHub stars and 2.42K GitHub forks. Here's a link to Sentry's open source repository on GitHub.
reddit, StackShare, and Sentry are some of the popular companies that use Sentry, whereas Crashlytics is used by PayPal, Vine Labs, and Bodybuilding.com. Sentry has a broader approval, being mentioned in 1322 company stacks & 421 developers stacks; compared to Crashlytics, which is listed in 350 company stacks and 68 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Crashlytics?
What is Sentry?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions