Amazon EC2 vs Jelastic: What are the differences?
Amazon EC2: Scalable, pay-as-you-go compute capacity in the cloud. Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) is a web service that provides resizable compute capacity in the cloud. It is designed to make web-scale computing easier for developers; Jelastic: Java and PHP Cloud Hosting. Jelastic is the next generation of Java hosting platforms which can run and scale ANY Java application with no code changes required.
Amazon EC2 can be classified as a tool in the "Cloud Hosting" category, while Jelastic is grouped under "Platform as a Service".
Some of the features offered by Amazon EC2 are:
- Elastic – Amazon EC2 enables you to increase or decrease capacity within minutes, not hours or days. You can commission one, hundreds or even thousands of server instances simultaneously.
- Completely Controlled – You have complete control of your instances. You have root access to each one, and you can interact with them as you would any machine.
- Flexible – You have the choice of multiple instance types, operating systems, and software packages. Amazon EC2 allows you to select a configuration of memory, CPU, instance storage, and the boot partition size that is optimal for your choice of operating system and application.
On the other hand, Jelastic provides the following key features:
- Set up environment in seconds
- No installation or configuration
- No APIs to code to
"Quick and reliable cloud servers" is the primary reason why developers consider Amazon EC2 over the competitors, whereas "Managed hosting" was stated as the key factor in picking Jelastic.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Amazon EC2?
What is Jelastic?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions