Airbrake vs Sentry: What are the differences?
Airbrake: Airbrake captures and groups errors in Ruby, iOS, Django, PHP & more. Airbrake collects errors for your applications in all major languages and frameworks. We alert you to new errors and give you critical context, trends and details needed to find and fix errors fast; Sentry: Cut time to resolution for app errors from five hours to five minutes. Sentry is an open-source platform for workflow productivity, aggregating errors from across the stack in real time. 500K developers use Sentry to get the code-level context they need to resolve issues at every stage of the app lifecycle.
Airbrake and Sentry can be categorized as "Exception Monitoring" tools.
Some of the features offered by Airbrake are:
- Dupe Detection- Developers will only receive an email once when an error occurs — rather than getting buried under an error email avalanche.
- Auto Resolve- An action on each application deployment — that way developers can focus on the problems that exist today, not the ones from last month.
- Github Aware- Airbrake is github-aware, and can link code in your Airbrake error stack traces to the corresponding locations on github.
On the other hand, Sentry provides the following key features:
- Real-Time Updates: For the first time, developers can fix code-level issues anywhere in the stack well before users even encounter an error.
- Complete Context: Spend more time where it matters, rather than investing in low-impact issues.
"Reliable" is the top reason why over 26 developers like Airbrake, while over 215 developers mention "Consolidates similar errors and makes resolution easy" as the leading cause for choosing Sentry.
Sentry is an open source tool with 21.4K GitHub stars and 2.44K GitHub forks. Here's a link to Sentry's open source repository on GitHub.
According to the StackShare community, Sentry has a broader approval, being mentioned in 1341 company stacks & 434 developers stacks; compared to Airbrake, which is listed in 91 company stacks and 22 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Airbrake?
What is Sentry?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions