Opbeat vs Sentry: What are the differences?
What is Opbeat? Application monitoring for developers. Opbeat is application monitoring for developers, and gives you performance metrics, error logging, release tracking and workflow in one smart product.
What is Sentry? Cut time to resolution for app errors from five hours to five minutes. Sentry is an open-source platform for workflow productivity, aggregating errors from across the stack in real time. 500K developers use Sentry to get the code-level context they need to resolve issues at every stage of the app lifecycle.
Opbeat and Sentry can be categorized as "Exception Monitoring" tools.
Some of the features offered by Opbeat are:
- Application performance metrics
- Error logging with smart grouping
- Code integration - stacktraces annotated with code authors for faster debugging and coordination
On the other hand, Sentry provides the following key features:
- Real-Time Updates: For the first time, developers can fix code-level issues anywhere in the stack well before users even encounter an error.
- Complete Context: Spend more time where it matters, rather than investing in low-impact issues.
"Free for small teams" is the top reason why over 23 developers like Opbeat, while over 215 developers mention "Consolidates similar errors and makes resolution easy" as the leading cause for choosing Sentry.
Sentry is an open source tool with 21.2K GitHub stars and 2.42K GitHub forks. Here's a link to Sentry's open source repository on GitHub.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Opbeat?
What is Sentry?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions