Huginn vs n8n: What are the differences?
Huginn: A Self-Hosted and Open-Source Zapier Alternative. It is a system for building agents that perform automated tasks for you online. They can read the web, watch for events, and take actions on your behalf. It's Agents create and consume events, propagating them along a directed graph. Think of it as a hackable version of IFTTT or Zapier on your own server. You always know who has your data; n8n: Open Source Alternative for Zapier. It is a free node based Workflow Automation Tool. Easily automate tasks accross different services. Synchronise data between different apps/databases.
Huginn and n8n belong to "Web Service Automation" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Huginn are:
- Track the weather and get an email when it's going to rain (or snow) tomorrow
- Watch for air travel or shopping deals
- Follow your project names on Twitter and get updates when people mention them
On the other hand, n8n provides the following key features:
- Free / Open Source
- Create own nodes to integrate third-party services or in-house tools
- Decide who gets access and where your data is stored
Huginn and n8n are both open source tools. Huginn with 27.7K GitHub stars and 2.66K forks on GitHub appears to be more popular than n8n with 6.84K GitHub stars and 418 GitHub forks.