What is Huginn?
It is a system for building agents that perform automated tasks for you online. They can read the web, watch for events, and take actions on your behalf. It's Agents create and consume events, propagating them along a directed graph. Think of it as a hackable version of IFTTT or Zapier on your own server. You always know who has your data.
Huginn is a tool in the Web Service Automation category of a tech stack.
Huginn is an open source tool with 30.9K GitHub stars and 2.9K GitHub forks. Here’s a link to Huginn's open source repository on GitHub
Who uses Huginn?
9 developers on StackShare have stated that they use Huginn.
- Track the weather and get an email when it's going to rain (or snow) tomorrow
- Watch for air travel or shopping deals
- Follow your project names on Twitter and get updates when people mention them
- Scrape websites and receive email when they change
- Connect to Adioso, HipChat, Basecamp, Growl, FTP, IMAP, Jabber, JIRA, MQTT, nextbus, Pushbullet, Pushover, RSS, Bash, Slack, StubHub, translation APIs, Twilio, Twitter, Wunderground, and Weibo, to name a few
- Send digest email with things that you care about at specific times during the day
Huginn Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Huginn?
See all alternatives
Create powerful connections with one simple statement: if this then that. For example: "Backup my contacts to a Google Spreadsheet"
Beehive is an event and agent system, which allows you to create your own agents that perform automated tasks triggered by events and filters. It is modular, flexible and really easy to extend for anyone. It has modules (we call them Hives), so it can interface with, talk to, or retrieve information from Twitter, Tumblr, Email, IRC, Jabber, RSS, Jenkins, Hue - to name just a few.
Use Airflow to author workflows as directed acyclic graphs (DAGs) of tasks. The Airflow scheduler executes your tasks on an array of workers while following the specified dependencies. Rich command lines utilities makes performing complex surgeries on DAGs a snap. The rich user interface makes it easy to visualize pipelines running in production, monitor progress and troubleshoot issues when needed.
Open source home automation that puts local control and privacy first. Powered by a worldwide community of tinkerers and DIY enthusiasts.
It is a free node based Workflow Automation Tool. Easily automate tasks accross different services. Synchronise data between different apps/databases.