DigitalOcean vs Joyent Cloud: What are the differences?
DigitalOcean: Deploy an SSD cloud server in less than 55 seconds with a dedicated IP and root access. We take the complexities out of cloud hosting by offering blazing fast, on-demand SSD cloud servers, straightforward pricing, a simple API, and an easy-to-use control panel; Joyent Cloud: Cloud Infrastructure for Real-time Web and Mobile Applications. Joyent is the high-performance cloud infrastructure company, offering the only solution specifically built to power real-time web and mobile applications.
DigitalOcean and Joyent Cloud belong to "Cloud Hosting" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by DigitalOcean are:
- We provide all of our users with high-performance SSD Hard Drives, flexible API, and the ability to select to nearest data center location.
- SSD Cloud Servers in 55 Seconds
- We provide a 99.99% uptime SLA around network, power and virtual server availability. If we fail to deliver, we’ll credit you based on the amount of time that service was unavailable.
On the other hand, Joyent Cloud provides the following key features:
- Joyent offers exclusive debugging and performance analysis tools for Node.js applications.
- High-performance machines- Joyent Cloud uses fresh Nehalem/Westmere processors and 15k RPM HDs in our data centers. I/O throttling ensures that “noisy neighbors” won’t cause your application to perform poorly.
- Dynamic CPU scaling- Dynamic, real-time CPU scaling. Vertical bursting CPU capacity without user intervention or additional fees.
"Great value for money" is the top reason why over 558 developers like DigitalOcean, while over 3 developers mention "High-performance" as the leading cause for choosing Joyent Cloud.
Techstars, DigitalOcean, and BRIKA are some of the popular companies that use DigitalOcean, whereas Joyent Cloud is used by Nodefly, Nodejitsu, and Backblend. DigitalOcean has a broader approval, being mentioned in 936 company stacks & 674 developers stacks; compared to Joyent Cloud, which is listed in 4 company stacks and 4 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is DigitalOcean?
What is Joyent Cloud?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions