CloudAMQP vs RabbitMQ: What are the differences?
Developers describe CloudAMQP as "RabbitMQ as a Service". Fully managed, highly available RabbitMQ servers and clusters, on all major compute platforms. On the other hand, RabbitMQ is detailed as "A messaging broker - an intermediary for messaging". RabbitMQ gives your applications a common platform to send and receive messages, and your messages a safe place to live until received.
CloudAMQP and RabbitMQ belong to "Message Queue" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by CloudAMQP are:
- Support - 24/7 support, via email, chat and phone.
- Real time metrics and alarms - Get notified in advanced when your queues are growing faster than you're consuming them, when you're servers are over loaded etc. and take action before it becomes a problem.
- Auto-healing - Our monitoring systems automatically detects and fixes a lot of problems such as kernel bugs, auto-restarts, RabbitMQ/Erlang version upgrades etc.
On the other hand, RabbitMQ provides the following key features:
- Robust messaging for applications
- Easy to use
- Runs on all major operating systems
"Some of the best customer support you'll ever find" is the primary reason why developers consider CloudAMQP over the competitors, whereas "It's fast and it works with good metrics/monitoring" was stated as the key factor in picking RabbitMQ.
RabbitMQ is an open source tool with 5.94K GitHub stars and 1.78K GitHub forks. Here's a link to RabbitMQ's open source repository on GitHub.
According to the StackShare community, RabbitMQ has a broader approval, being mentioned in 940 company stacks & 548 developers stacks; compared to CloudAMQP, which is listed in 12 company stacks and 5 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is CloudAMQP?
What is RabbitMQ?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions