AWS Elastic Beanstalk vs Cloud Foundry: What are the differences?
Developers describe AWS Elastic Beanstalk as "Quickly deploy and manage applications in the AWS cloud". Once you upload your application, Elastic Beanstalk automatically handles the deployment details of capacity provisioning, load balancing, auto-scaling, and application health monitoring. On the other hand, Cloud Foundry is detailed as "Deploy and scale applications in seconds on your choice of private or public cloud". Cloud Foundry is an open platform as a service (PaaS) that provides a choice of clouds, developer frameworks, and application services. Cloud Foundry makes it faster and easier to build, test, deploy, and scale applications.
AWS Elastic Beanstalk and Cloud Foundry can be categorized as "Platform as a Service" tools.
Some of the features offered by AWS Elastic Beanstalk are:
- Elastic Beanstalk is built using familiar software stacks such as the Apache HTTP Server for Node.js, PHP and Python, Passenger for Ruby, IIS 7.5 for .NET, and Apache Tomcat for Java
- There is no additional charge for Elastic Beanstalk - you pay only for the AWS resources needed to store and run your applications.
- Easy to begin – Elastic Beanstalk is a quick and simple way to deploy your application to AWS. You simply use the AWS Management Console, Git deployment, or an integrated development environment (IDE) such as Eclipse or Visual Studio to upload your application
On the other hand, Cloud Foundry provides the following key features:
- Application and services centric lifecycle API
- High performance dynamic routing
- Buildpack support
Cloud Foundry is an open source tool with 605 GitHub stars and 534 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Cloud Foundry's open source repository on GitHub.
Sellsuki, Edify, and eTobb are some of the popular companies that use AWS Elastic Beanstalk, whereas Cloud Foundry is used by VMware, Intel, and SBT Aqua. AWS Elastic Beanstalk has a broader approval, being mentioned in 370 company stacks & 113 developers stacks; compared to Cloud Foundry, which is listed in 8 company stacks and 12 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is AWS Elastic Beanstalk?
What is Cloud Foundry?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions