Appcelerator vs built.io: What are the differences?
Appcelerator: Build network-connected mobile applications across native platforms and the web. Appcelerator is the first mobile platform to combine the flexibility of open source development technologies with the power of cloud services; built.io: Idea to app in record time. Built.io Backend is an mBaaS that allows you to avoid designing, building, and supporting a custom backend for your mobile & web applications. Enterprises can dramatically reduce cost, lower risk and accelerate time-to-market for apps.
Appcelerator and built.io can be primarily classified as "Mobile Backend" tools.
Some of the features offered by Appcelerator are:
- Library of over 20 pre-built common services that are both proven and robust, to reduce integration time and risk, services such as push notification, status updates, photo storage, and social integration, or create your own custom cloud services.
- Client-side APIs for any development platform (e.g. Titanium, iOS SDK, Android SDK)
- Extensibility enabling you to build your own custom cloud application development services in Node.js on the Appcelerator cloud for all your mobile apps.
On the other hand, built.io provides the following key features:
- Targeted push notifications to user segments that matter
- Geolocation so you can trigger location-based actions
"Easy to learn" is the primary reason why developers consider Appcelerator over the competitors, whereas "Easy Setup" was stated as the key factor in picking built.io.