Pivotal Tracker vs Trello: What are the differences?
Pivotal Tracker: Build better software, faster. Collaborative, lightweight agile project management tool, brought to you by the experts in agile software development; Trello: Your entire project, in a single glance. Trello is a collaboration tool that organizes your projects into boards. In one glance, Trello tells you what's being worked on, who's working on what, and where something is in a process.
Pivotal Tracker and Trello are primarily classified as "Agile Project Management" and "Project Management" tools respectively.
Some of the features offered by Pivotal Tracker are:
- Tracker Story- simple story editing and drag-and-drop prioritization
- Velocity and Emergent Iterations- Tracker calculates future iterations automatically, based on historical performance.
- Release and Scope Management- Completion dates are calculated automatically, based on velocity - your live measure of historical performance. See impact on scope as new stories are added immediately, and move stories around easily via drag and drop as priorities change.
On the other hand, Trello provides the following key features:
- Add a checklist to keep on top of all those little to-dos. There’s also a nice, big progress meter, because who doesn’t love a nice, big progress meter?
- Got a relevant file, image, or document? Attach it right to the card, and you’ll never have to go scrambling through your inbox looking for it later.
- Attach photos, drawings, sketches, and mockups to quickly illustrate ideas at a glance.
"Agile" is the top reason why over 70 developers like Pivotal Tracker, while over 700 developers mention "Great for collaboration" as the leading cause for choosing Trello.
According to the StackShare community, Trello has a broader approval, being mentioned in 2163 company stacks & 1711 developers stacks; compared to Pivotal Tracker, which is listed in 198 company stacks and 54 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Pivotal Tracker?
What is Trello?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions