PayPal vs WePay: What are the differences?
What is PayPal? Send Money, Pay Online or Set Up a Merchant Account. PayPal is an online payments and money transfer service that allows you to send money via email, phone, text message or Skype. They offer products to both individuals and businesses alike, including online vendors, auction sites and corporate users. PayPal connects effortlessly to bank accounts and credit cards PayPal Mobile is one of PayPal’s newest products. It allows you to send payments by text message or by using PayPal’s mobile browser..
What is WePay? The easiest way to accept payments. WePay helps people sell tickets to events, send invoices, sell items online, and accept donations online. WePay also provides an API that allows developers to access its payments platform.
PayPal and WePay can be categorized as "Payment Services" tools.
Some of the features offered by PayPal are:
- 2.9% + $0.30 or less- With our flat, transparent pricing, you’ll never be surprised by hidden or variable fees. We also offer discounted rates when you sell a lot, or when you use our card reader.
- Keeping every seller secure- If you’re sent an unauthorized payment, or a buyer claims they never received an item, our Seller Protection covers you for the full amount of the eligible payment.
- Easy for them, easy for you- With just a few clicks, you can get paid by debit card, credit card, or a PayPal transfer. All someone needs to start buying from you is your e-mail address or mobile number.
On the other hand, WePay provides the following key features:
- Online Invoicing- Send custom, professional invoices to your customers. Customers receive an email and can pay online.
- Itemization- Get paid for all your work. Itemize your invoices so customers know exactly what they're paying for.
- Recurring Invoices- Save time by sending recurring invoices online. Automatically send invoices weekly, monthly, quarterly, or annually.