OpenTok vs Twilio: What are the differences?
What is OpenTok? Enhance your products with live, face-to-face communication. OpenTok adds the clarity and emotion of face-to-face communication to your brand whether you're developing for the web, iOS, or Android. We make the integration of high-quality live video a breeze so that you can focus on building a great product.
What is Twilio? Bring voice and messaging to your web and mobile applications. Twilio offers developers a powerful API for phone services to make and receive phone calls, and send and receive text messages. Their product allows programmers to more easily integrate various communication methods into their software and programs.
OpenTok can be classified as a tool in the "Communications SDK" category, while Twilio is grouped under "Voice and SMS".
Some of the features offered by OpenTok are:
- Layout control- Create layouts that complement your content and empower your application's experience.
- Peer-to-peer calls- Take advantage of peer-to-peer calling for better quality and lower- latency 1:1 scenarios.
- Archiving- Download or save calls for future playback with this extension to the OpenTok platform.
On the other hand, Twilio provides the following key features:
- Phone- Phone Numbers API
- Phone- Convert Text to Speech and Play Audio
- Phone- Record Calls and Store Them
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is OpenTok?
What is Twilio?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
What tools integrate with OpenTok?
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions