What is Plivo?
Plivo provides basic building block APIs in the form of Plivo XML and HTTP API, to create telephony apps, so developers can completely do away with learning the nitty-gritty of the telephony plumbing.
Plivo is a tool in the Voice and SMS category of a tech stack.
Who uses Plivo?
21 companies reportedly use Plivo in their tech stacks, including Close, Route, and Samsviran.
44 developers on StackShare have stated that they use Plivo.
Pros of Plivo
Voice API service
Trial account with positive balance
- Phone- Global
- Phone- Local and Tollfree Numbers
- Phone- Call routing, call forwarding, caller ID, call waiting, 3-way calling, redial, speed dial, mute, hold, etc
- Phone- Bulk Calling
- Phone- Recording Calls
- Phone- Caller ID
- Phone- Call Routing
- Phone- Real Time Call Control
- Phone- Text to Speech
- SMS- Inbound and Outbound
- SMS- Message Queuing
- SMS- Usage and Debug Logs
- SMS- 24/7 Support
- SMS- Volume Pricing
- SIP- Bring your own carriers or use ours. You are not restricted to using Plivo's carriers.
- SIP- Register SIP endpoints directly with Plivo and control them via our APIs.
- SIP- Place and receive calls from via the PSTN, SIP URI, and WebRTC (coming soon!)
Plivo Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Plivo?
See all alternatives
Twilio offers developers a powerful API for phone services to make and receive phone calls, and send and receive text messages. Their product allows programmers to more easily integrate various communication methods into their software and programs.
Tropo is a powerful yet simple API that adds Voice and SMS support to the programming languages you already know.
Nexmo connects your apps directly to carriers around the world. Integrate SMS and Voice messages using one simple API. Use Nexmo Verity to register users, verify transactions, and implement two factor authentication.
A Communications Platform as a Service company offering a full suite of voice, messaging, and 9-1-1 APIs, all built atop the company's own all-IP voice network.
It is a cloud-based voice service and the brain behind tens of millions of devices including the Echo family of devices, FireTV, Fire Tablet, and third-party devices. You can build voice experiences, or skills, that make everyday tasks faster, easier, and more delightful for customers.