Kinvey vs Parse: What are the differences?
Developers describe Kinvey as "Cloud Backend as a Service for any app". Kinvey makes it ridiculously easy for developers to setup, use and operate a cloud backend for their mobile apps. They don't have to worry about connecting to various cloud services, setting up servers for their backend, or maintaining and scaling them. On the other hand, Parse is detailed as "The complete mobile app platform". With Parse, you can add a scalable and powerful backend in minutes and launch a full-featured app in record time without ever worrying about server management. We offer push notifications, social integration, data storage, and the ability to add rich custom logic to your app’s backend with Cloud Code.
Kinvey and Parse can be primarily classified as "Mobile Backend" tools.
Some of the features offered by Kinvey are:
- User Management- Add any number of users, using the authentication systems of your choice.
- Business Logic- Kinvey's custom business logic allows you to host your code in our cloud.
- Data Storage- Instantly and securely sync data between your app and Kinvey backend.
On the other hand, Parse provides the following key features:
- Store basic data types, locations, photos
- Update over the air
- Data browser lets you manage, search, and update content without writing a single line of code
"Easy setup" is the primary reason why developers consider Kinvey over the competitors, whereas "Easy setup" was stated as the key factor in picking Parse.