Zapier vs Integromat: What are the differences?
What is Zapier? Automate tasks between other online services (services like Salesforce, Basecamp, Gmail, and 400+ more). Zapier is for busy people who know their time is better spent selling, marketing, or coding. Instead of wasting valuable time coming up with complicated systems - you can use Zapier to automate the web services you and your team are already using on a daily basis.
What is Integromat? The most advanced online automation platform. It is an easy to use, powerful tool with unique features for automating manual processes. Connect your favorite apps, services and devices with each other without having any programming skills.
Zapier and Integromat can be categorized as "Web Service Automation" tools.
Some of the features offered by Zapier are:
- A Zap is a blueprint for a task you want to do over and over. In words, a Zap looks like this: "When I get a new thing in A, do this other thing in B." The first part is the trigger and the second part is the action. An example is "When I get a new entry from a Wufoo form, create a new lead in Salesforce."
- You can pick what fields from the trigger service should go to the action service and you can use static text and custom fields too. For instance, you might say that the phone number from your Wufoo form should be the work phone of your new Salesforce lead.
- Zapier regularly checks your trigger for new data. When the Zap triggers, Zapier automatically performs your action for you. Continuing with the Wufoo scenario, say you receive five new entries. Zapier takes each one and makes a new lead in Salesforce, customized to the way you specified in your Zap.
On the other hand, Integromat provides the following key features:
- Visualize everything you do
- Detailed information about each execution
- Functions - as you know them from Excel
Hey! We are Raisegiving, a payments platform geared towards helping nonprofits raise money and manage donors. We are looking to give our Users (Admins of nonprofits) the ability to integrate their Raisegiving account with other tools such as Mailchimp and QuickBooks.
Examples of desired use cases:
- Users should be able to sync Raisegiving audience with their Mailchimp audience, trigger the creation of a new Mailchimp audience based on data from their Raisegiving account.
- Donations made on our platform should sync with users Quickbooks account.
Does anyone have any helpful insights into the pros and cons of Tray.io vs Zapier?
Tray.io is expensive and only makes sense in a few rare occasions where you need 2-way constant data binding in a 'loop' where Zapier is more like an automation swiss army knife. Tray.io is aimed exclusively at enterprise while Zapier supports businesses of any size. Tray.io is very expensive and Zapier is much more reasonable especially early on before you have massive amounts of zaps.
You may also want to look at Integromat but Zapier would be my choice in this case. I almost don't see Tray.io as being something worth considering for your particular use case unless there's a massive scale behind your product that I'm unaware of (absurd amounts of tasks in the hundreds of thousands).
Zapier also has a great community and an "experts" program in the event that you want to outsource your automation.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Integromat?
What is Zapier?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
Hey! I have been using Zapier for a while and I get updates for everything that I do. :D Sports, gmail, and pretty much everything else!
Zapier is used to catch Webhooks from Shopify to do things like customer follow-up, cart abandonment and other cool things.
- Trigger Redmine issues.
- Merge request trigger from Gitlab by webhook.
- Post messages/alerts to Chatwork to dev team.
This service saves so much time integrating different API services and triggering different cloud apps.
Monitoring new customer sales, keeping MailChimp lists up to date with current subscriber information.