Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Healthchecks.io vs OpsGenie: What are the differences?
Healthchecks.io: Cron Monitoring. Get Notified When Your Cron Jobs Fail. Healthchecks.io is a monitoring service for your cron jobs, background services and scheduled tasks. It works by listening for HTTP "pings" from your services. You can set up various alert methods: email, Slack, Telegram, PagerDuty, etc; OpsGenie: Alerting and On-Call Management for Dev&Ops Teams. OpsGenie is a cloud-based service for dev & ops teams, providing reliable alerts, on-call schedule management, and escalations. OpsGenie integrates with monitoring tools & services and ensures that the right people are at the right time.
Healthchecks.io and OpsGenie belong to "Monitoring Aggregation" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Healthchecks.io are:
- Open source, can be self-hosted
- Simple, clean dashboard
- Free for hobby projects
On the other hand, OpsGenie provides the following key features:
- Forward IT alerts to OpsGenie
- Get notified via email, SMS, mobile push and phone calls
- View alerts using mobile apps
Healthchecks.io is an open source tool with 1.91K GitHub stars and 267 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Healthchecks.io's open source repository on GitHub.
Pros of Healthchecks.io
- Can be self-hosted3
- Great value2
- Free tier2
- Easy to understand2
Pros of OpsGenie
- Two-way slack integration8
- Solid scheduling and team management support5
- Strong API4
- Two-way nagios integration3
- Strong, easy, fast, fits3
- Complete Incident Response Orchestration Platform2
- Free tier2