GoDaddy vs Squarespace: What are the differences?
GoDaddy: The Web's largest hosting and domain registration provider. Go Daddy makes registering Domain Names fast, simple, and affordable; Squarespace: Everything You Need To Create An Exceptional Website. Whether you need simple pages, sophisticated galleries, a professional blog, or want to sell online, it all comes standard with your Squarespace website. Squarespace starts you with beautiful designs right out of the box — each handcrafted by our award-winning design team to make your content stand out.
GoDaddy can be classified as a tool in the "Domain Registration" category, while Squarespace is grouped under "Website Builder".
Some of the features offered by GoDaddy are:
- Private Registration- Keeps your personal information private, protecting you from spam, scams and worse.
- GeoDomainMap Tool- Quickly search for and register all the available domain names for a particular area or region (e.g. CedarRapidsCreativeWriters.com).
- Internationalized Domain Names (IDN)- Register .COM, .NET, .ORG and other popular domain names in any one of over 100 native languages, ranging from Afrikaans to Vietnamese. Search using English or native character sets.
On the other hand, Squarespace provides the following key features:
- SELL ANYTHING- Easily add a store to any Squarespace website and start selling physical and digital goods immediately.
- PAINLESS STORE MANAGEMENT- Manage your inventory, process customer orders, print packing slips, and customize emails all in one intuitive interface.
- BUILD BETTER PAGES WITH LAYOUTENGINE- LayoutEngine technology gives you the freedom to create visually rich pages with any configuration of text, images, products, and content blocks. Simply drag and drop your content exactly where you want and we'll automatically align them in a perfect grid.
"Flexible payment methods for domains " is the primary reason why developers consider GoDaddy over the competitors, whereas "Easy setup" was stated as the key factor in picking Squarespace.
According to the StackShare community, Squarespace has a broader approval, being mentioned in 419 company stacks & 23 developers stacks; compared to GoDaddy, which is listed in 47 company stacks and 29 developer stacks.