What is Namecheap?
We provide a set of DNS servers spread across the US and Europe to deliver highly reliable DNS services to everyone. By choosing Namecheap.com as your domain registrar, you are choosing a highly reputable and reliable partner. Namecheap.com is rated 4.6 out of 5 - Based on 1,395 reviews via Google Checkout
Namecheap is a tool in the Domain Registration category of a tech stack.
Who uses Namecheap?
2001 companies reportedly use Namecheap in their tech stacks, including Hdbest.net, Onlinemoviewatch.org, and Mews.
565 developers on StackShare have stated that they use Namecheap.
Pros of Namecheap
Free privacy protection
Awesome customer support
Free email forwarding
Free custom DNS
24/7 Customer Support
Decisions about Namecheap
Here are some stack decisions, common use cases and reviews by companies and developers who chose Namecheap in their tech stack.
I really love Django because it is really fast to create a web application from scratch and it has a lot a facilities like the ORM or the Admin module ! The Python language is really easy to read and powerful, that's why I prefer Django over Symfony.
I use Django at work to make tools for the technicians but I also use it for me to build my personal website which I host on PythonAnywhere, and with a domain name bought on Namecheap.
Oct 22 2015 at 8:05AM
- URL Forwarding (no-ads)- Redirect your domain visitors to any URL or website of your choice. You can cloak the URL to hide the destination.
- Email Forwarding (no-ads)- Create and redirect @yourdomain.tld email addresses to other email accounts of your choice.
- Reliable DNS servers- Modify record types like A address, MX, MXE, CNAME and TXT in real time and at no extra cost.
- Dynamic DNS- Takes care of a dynamically changing IP address and keeps your site running without downtime.
- Grant Modification Rights- Retain full control of the domain while granting access just to certain domain editing features to your customers or co-workers.
- Registrar Lock- Stops unauthorized domain transfers to some other registrar. You can enable/disable this option anytime you want.
- WhoisGuard Privacy Protect- Through our partnership with WhoisGuard, keep your contact details safe by subscribing to privacy protection services.
- Security Notifications- Configure your account to send email notices when any change is made to your domain settings.
Namecheap Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Namecheap?
See all alternatives
Go Daddy makes registering Domain Names fast, simple, and affordable. It is a trusted domain registrar that empowers people with creative ideas to succeed online.
Gandi VPS Cloud Hosting offers you a flexible server with dedicated resources. The VPS virtualization is made possible by Xen technology.
Amazon Route 53
Amazon Route 53 is designed to give developers and businesses an extremely reliable and cost effective way to route end users to Internet applications by translating human readable names like www.example.com into the numeric IP addresses like 192.0.2.1 that computers use to connect to each other. Route 53 effectively connects user requests to infrastructure running in Amazon Web Services (AWS) – such as an Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) instance, an Amazon Elastic Load Balancer, or an Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) bucket – and can also be used to route users to infrastructure outside of AWS.
It is a domain registration service which includes top website builders. The privacy is included at no additional cost. It also includes simple domain management tools.
Creating your stunning website for free is easier than ever. No tech skills needed. Just pick a template, change anything you want, add your images, videos, text and more to get online instantly.