Geckoboard vs Grafana: What are the differences?
Geckoboard: Beautiful data dashboards, fast. View your key data in one place. From uptime and analytics to check-ins, Geckoboard is a hosted dashboard that’s available on any screen with a browser. Geckoboard monitors your businesses vital signs; Grafana: Open source Graphite & InfluxDB Dashboard and Graph Editor. Grafana is a general purpose dashboard and graph composer. It's focused on providing rich ways to visualize time series metrics, mainly though graphs but supports other ways to visualize data through a pluggable panel architecture. It currently has rich support for for Graphite, InfluxDB and OpenTSDB. But supports other data sources via plugins.
Geckoboard belongs to "Business Dashboards" category of the tech stack, while Grafana can be primarily classified under "Monitoring Tools".
Some of the features offered by Geckoboard are:
- A widget for every occasion.- We have native widgets that can bring in your CRM, Email, Infrastructure, Project Management, Sales & Finance, Social Media and Web Analytics data on to your Geckoboard.
- Create your own widgets- Import your own data into a range of pre-built visualisations – from pie charts, to funnels and bullet graphs
- Use our Custom Widgets API to create custom charts and widgets for your own dashboards, visualising your own data on Geckoboard.
On the other hand, Grafana provides the following key features:
- Create, edit, save & search dashboards
- Change column spans and row heights
- Drag and drop panels to rearrange
"Takes a little bit to set up, once done, it's all yours" is the primary reason why developers consider Geckoboard over the competitors, whereas "Beautiful" was stated as the key factor in picking Grafana.
Grafana is an open source tool with 29.7K GitHub stars and 5.64K GitHub forks. Here's a link to Grafana's open source repository on GitHub.
According to the StackShare community, Grafana has a broader approval, being mentioned in 579 company stacks & 325 developers stacks; compared to Geckoboard, which is listed in 36 company stacks and 5 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Geckoboard?
What is Grafana?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions