Appsmith vs UI Bakery: What are the differences?
What is Appsmith? Open source alternative to Retool. It is an open source framework to build internal tools. The low code project comes with UI widgets like tables, charts, forms, map viewer, and more. Easily connect to REST APIs, Postgres, Mongo, and MySQL. Invite users and allow login with Google accounts.
What is UI Bakery? Create Full-Fledged Web Apps Visually. The first low-code platform which allows creating branded frontend apps based on a custom Design System, without locking you into proprietary software. Also, a key feature is generating Angular code in minutes.
Appsmith and UI Bakery can be categorized as "Low Code Platforms" tools.
Some of the features offered by Appsmith are:
- Deploy Appsmith on your servers in 5 minutes
- Drag & drop, resize and style widgets without HTML / CSS
- Query & update your database directly from the UI. Connect to PostgreSQL, MongoDB, MySQL, REST & GraphQL APIs
On the other hand, UI Bakery provides the following key features:
- Prototyping tool for creating web apps for both developers and non-tech people, using a convenient drag-and-drop builder and integrate it with the backend
- Customize the app to your branding style as everything built-in UI Bakery is based on the predefined design system that you can adapt to your brand
- Make changes in your web-app an unlimited number of times and get updates in a single click