AppFog vs AWS CodeStar: What are the differences?
AppFog: Simple PaaS for Java, Python, Node, .Net, Ruby, PHP, MySQL, Mongo, and PostgreSQL. AppFog provides the infrastructure web developers need to build apps without worrying about IT tasks or having to wait days to get servers ready for writing code. AppFog’s web application technologies include PHP, NodeJS, Ruby, Python, Java, .NET, MySQL, and PostgreSQL; AWS CodeStar: Quickly Develop, Build, and Deploy Applications on AWS. Start new software projects on AWS in minutes using templates for web applications, web services and more.
AppFog and AWS CodeStar belong to "Platform as a Service" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by AppFog are:
- Launches fast, runs fast- Varnish Cache and op-code caching run applications with less server load and accelerated performance.
- Reduces ops work- No more configuring servers, firewalls, Apache, security, or installing frameworks.
- Plays well with any SCM- Versioning is critical. AppFog is compatible with code management systems like git, svn, and mercurial.
On the other hand, AWS CodeStar provides the following key features:
- Start developing on AWS in minutes
- Manage software delivery in one place
- Work across your team securely