Amplitude vs Heap: What are the differences?
Developers describe Amplitude as "User analytics to fuel explosive user growth". Amplitude provides scalable mobile analytics that helps companies leverage data to create explosive user growth. Anyone in the company can use Amplitude to pinpoint the most valuable behavioral patterns within hours. On the other hand, Heap is detailed as "Automatically capture every user action in your app and measure it all". Heap automatically captures every user action in your app and lets you measure it all. Clicks, taps, swipes, form submissions, page views, and more. Track events and segment users instantly. No pushing code. No waiting for data to trickle in.
Amplitude belongs to "Mobile Analytics" category of the tech stack, while Heap can be primarily classified under "Funnel Analysis Analytics".
Some of the features offered by Amplitude are:
- Real-time user analytics, including funnels, retention, flexible user segmentation, and revenue analysis.
- Microscope: Explore the user behavior behind any data point. Compare the behavior of engaged vs. churned users.
- Growth Discovery Engine: Identify behaviors that are predictive of retention or conversion and drive explosive user growth.
On the other hand, Heap provides the following key features:
- Define analytics events using a simple, point 'n' click interface. People with zero coding knowledge can start tracking events and generating important metrics instantly
- Automatically capture every user action in your iOS or web app and measure it all. Clicks, taps, swipes, form submissions, page views, and more
- All analysis is automatically retroactive, so there's no need to wait days for data to accumulate. You can rely on each report to include everything from day one.
"Great for product managers" is the top reason why over 5 developers like Amplitude, while over 33 developers mention "Automatically capture every user action" as the leading cause for choosing Heap.
StackShare, OrderAhead, and Intuit are some of the popular companies that use Amplitude, whereas Heap is used by Salesforce, Key Location, and Cotalented. Amplitude has a broader approval, being mentioned in 109 company stacks & 18 developers stacks; compared to Heap, which is listed in 113 company stacks and 10 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Amplitude?
What is Heap?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions