What is PostHog?
Open-source product analytics for developers and product teams. PostHog helps you build better products without sharing your data with anyone. Deploy on your own infrastructure and automatically collect events, session recordings and more.
PostHog is a tool in the Funnel Analysis Analytics category of a tech stack.
PostHog is an open source tool with 13.3K GitHub stars and 804 GitHub forks. Here’s a link to PostHog's open source repository on GitHub
Who uses PostHog?
15 companies reportedly use PostHog in their tech stacks, including Labs, Mathspace, and Seenons B.V..
54 developers on StackShare have stated that they use PostHog.
GitHub, Python, Node.js, Docker, and PHP are some of the popular tools that integrate with PostHog. Here's a list of all 29 tools that integrate with PostHog.
Pros of PostHog
Full access to data when self-hosting
Frontend events captured out of the box
- OPEN SOURCE: Create plug-ins, inspect our code, request features and talk to our team on Github.
- SELF-HOSTING: Deploy on your infrastructure to retain control of your data, or launch instantly on our cloud.
- CORE METRICS: Auto-capture events such as sign-ups, purchases and pageviews, then analyse results.
- SESSION RECORDING: See how users intact with your products while filtering out sensitive data to protect them.
- EXPORT DATA: Transfer or replicate info to platforms such as Redshift, S3, BigQuery or Snowflake.
PostHog Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to PostHog?
See all alternatives
Heap automatically captures every user action in your app and lets you measure it all. Clicks, taps, swipes, form submissions, page views, and more. Track events and segment users instantly. No pushing code. No waiting for data to trickle in.
Optimize Your Business and Get More Customers. Identify, understand, and improve the metrics that drive your online business.
Statbot imports Intercom data and builds professional reports. Get critical business insights in just one click. No setup needed.
We automatically generate and keep updated only the most informative and helpful visualizations, giving you the information you need to improve your user retention.
Mixpanel, KISSmetrics, Intercom.io, Trak.io, Customer.io need custom code for events and users. Our Visual Editor lets you setup events and users without writing custom code.