Squarespace vs Webflow: What are the differences?
What is Squarespace? Everything You Need To Create An Exceptional Website. Whether you need simple pages, sophisticated galleries, a professional blog, or want to sell online, it all comes standard with your Squarespace website. Squarespace starts you with beautiful designs right out of the box — each handcrafted by our award-winning design team to make your content stand out.
What is Webflow? Build responsive websites visually. Webflow is a responsive design tool that lets you design, build, and publish websites in an intuitive interface. Clean code included!.
Squarespace can be classified as a tool in the "Website Builder" category, while Webflow is grouped under "Static Web Hosting".
Some of the features offered by Squarespace are:
- SELL ANYTHING- Easily add a store to any Squarespace website and start selling physical and digital goods immediately.
- PAINLESS STORE MANAGEMENT- Manage your inventory, process customer orders, print packing slips, and customize emails all in one intuitive interface.
- BUILD BETTER PAGES WITH LAYOUTENGINE- LayoutEngine technology gives you the freedom to create visually rich pages with any configuration of text, images, products, and content blocks. Simply drag and drop your content exactly where you want and we'll automatically align them in a perfect grid.
On the other hand, Webflow provides the following key features:
- Build responsive websites
- PIxel perfect control
- Publish and host in minutes
"Easy setup" is the top reason why over 32 developers like Squarespace, while over 5 developers mention "Interactions and Animations" as the leading cause for choosing Webflow.
According to the StackShare community, Squarespace has a broader approval, being mentioned in 419 company stacks & 23 developers stacks; compared to Webflow, which is listed in 15 company stacks and 8 developer stacks.