PagerDuty vs VictorOps: What are the differences?
Developers describe PagerDuty as "Incident management with powerful visibility, reliable alerting, and improved collaboration". PagerDuty is an alarm aggregation and dispatching service for system administrators and support teams. It collects alerts from your monitoring tools, gives you an overall view of all of your monitoring alarms, and alerts an on duty engineer if there's a problem. On the other hand, VictorOps is detailed as "We make on-call suck less & help teams to solve problems faster". VictorOps is a real-time incident management platform that combines the power of people and data to embolden DevOps teams so they can handle incidents as they occur and prepare for the next one.
PagerDuty and VictorOps belong to "Monitoring Aggregation" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by PagerDuty are:
- Alerting that works (and wakes you up)- When your systems go down, PagerDuty will wake you up. You choose how you want to be alerted - via phone, SMS or email, to multiple numbers, with retries.
- Integrate all your existing monitoring tools- PagerDuty works great with almost all monitoring tools including: Nagios (and Icinga), Keynote, New Relic, Pingdom, Circonus, Red Gate SQL Monitor, Server Density, Zenoss, Monit, Munin, SolarWinds and many others. If it can send email, it will work with PagerDuty.
- Native apps with push notifications- iOS and Android native apps with push notifications and a cross-platform mobile website ensure you can respond to alerts wherever you are, even on the go.
On the other hand, VictorOps provides the following key features:
- On-call schedule management - easily set up rotations, teams & escalation policies
- Collaborative problem-solving - get the right eyes on the problem quickly
- Post-mortem reporting
"Just works" is the primary reason why developers consider PagerDuty over the competitors, whereas "Great Team, Great Product" was stated as the key factor in picking VictorOps.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is PagerDuty?
What is VictorOps?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions