Gitter vs Hall: What are the differences?
Gitter: Messaging for people who make software. Integrated with your team, projects and your code. Free chat rooms for your public repositories A bit like IRC only smarter. Chats for private repositories as well as organisations.; Hall: Real-time business chat & texting for teams. Hall is group chat, IM and video chat for companies and teams. Available free for the web, desktop and mobile. FREE anytime, anywhere.
Gitter and Hall belong to "Group Chat & Notifications" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Gitter are:
- Know who's seen any message
- Edit messages after you've sent them
- Full emoji support
On the other hand, Hall provides the following key features:
- Group & Private Chat - Easily message one-on-one or in groups with users in- or out-of-network. No need for a work email address.
- Syncs Across All Devices - Hall syncs seamlessly and persistently across Mac, Windows, Web, Android, and iPhone. Your chats are wherever you are.
- Integrate With All Your Favorite Services - Dropbox, Hubot, Github, Zapier, Get Satisfaction, NewRelic, Jenkins, Box, and many more....
"Github integration" is the top reason why over 62 developers like Gitter, while over 3 developers mention "Free" as the leading cause for choosing Hall.