Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
built.io vs Kinvey: What are the differences?
Developers describe built.io as "Idea to app in record time". Built.io Backend is an mBaaS that allows you to avoid designing, building, and supporting a custom backend for your mobile & web applications. Enterprises can dramatically reduce cost, lower risk and accelerate time-to-market for apps. On the other hand, Kinvey is detailed as "Cloud Backend as a Service for any app". Kinvey makes it ridiculously easy for developers to setup, use and operate a cloud backend for their mobile apps. They don't have to worry about connecting to various cloud services, setting up servers for their backend, or maintaining and scaling them.
built.io and Kinvey belong to "Mobile Backend" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by built.io are:
- Targeted push notifications to user segments that matter
- Geolocation so you can trigger location-based actions
On the other hand, Kinvey provides the following key features:
- User Management- Add any number of users, using the authentication systems of your choice.
- Business Logic- Kinvey's custom business logic allows you to host your code in our cloud.
- Data Storage- Instantly and securely sync data between your app and Kinvey backend.
"Easy Setup" is the primary reason why developers consider built.io over the competitors, whereas "Easy setup" was stated as the key factor in picking Kinvey.
Pros of built.io
- Easy Setup11
- Home Page11
- Simple and understandable documentation9
- Easy to implement advance feature8
- Classic UI Design7
- PowerPack Features2
Pros of Kinvey
- Easy setup5
- Excellent documentation2
- Great free tier for testing prototypes2
- Will be discontinued sometime in 20231
- Great customer support1
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Cons of built.io
Cons of Kinvey
- Base plan starts at $2,500 / year1