Braintree vs PayPal: What are the differences?
Braintree: Accept payments in your app or website today. Braintree replaces traditional payment gateways and merchant accounts. From one touch payments, to mobile SDKs and international sales, we provide everything you need to start accepting payments today; PayPal: Send Money, Pay Online or Set Up a Merchant Account. PayPal is an online payments and money transfer service that allows you to send money via email, phone, text message or Skype. They offer products to both individuals and businesses alike, including online vendors, auction sites and corporate users. PayPal connects effortlessly to bank accounts and credit cards PayPal Mobile is one of PayPal’s newest products. It allows you to send payments by text message or by using PayPal’s mobile browser..
Braintree and PayPal belong to "Payment Services" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Braintree are:
- Simple pricing with no minimums- Pay only for what you use, with no minimum monthly volume, at the simple US pricing rate of 2.9% + $.30 per transaction.
- An API developers love- Integrate your app with our API over a cup of coffee.
- We support your business model- Subscriptions or one-off, mobile or web, local or global, our platform adapts.
On the other hand, PayPal provides the following key features:
- 2.9% + $0.30 or less- With our flat, transparent pricing, you’ll never be surprised by hidden or variable fees. We also offer discounted rates when you sell a lot, or when you use our card reader.
- Keeping every seller secure- If you’re sent an unauthorized payment, or a buyer claims they never received an item, our Seller Protection covers you for the full amount of the eligible payment.
- Easy for them, easy for you- With just a few clicks, you can get paid by debit card, credit card, or a PayPal transfer. All someone needs to start buying from you is your e-mail address or mobile number.
"Well-designed api" is the top reason why over 22 developers like Braintree, while over 190 developers mention "Most known service" as the leading cause for choosing PayPal.
Uber Technologies, Lyft, and ebay are some of the popular companies that use PayPal, whereas Braintree is used by Airbnb, Uber Technologies, and Stack Exchange. PayPal has a broader approval, being mentioned in 735 company stacks & 571 developers stacks; compared to Braintree, which is listed in 162 company stacks and 33 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Braintree?
What is PayPal?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions