Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Authy vs Virgil Security: What are the differences?
What is Authy? The easiest way to add Two-Factor Authentication to any website or app. We make the best rated Two-Factor Authentication smartphone app for consumers, a Rest API for developers and a strong authentication platform for the enterprise.
What is Virgil Security? We make every developer into an applied cryptologist. Virgil consists of an open-source encryption library, which implements CMS and ECIES(including RSA schema), a Key Management API, and a cloud-based Key Management Service.
Authy and Virgil Security can be primarily classified as "Security" tools.
Some of the features offered by Authy are:
- Very secure- We take security seriously. We use industry standard secure algorithms (HMAC RFC 4426) and 256 bits keys which are always encrypted at rest.
- Fully redundant- The Authy API is deployed accross different PCI level 1 data-centers and it's fully redundant. We also use a DNS provider with anycast support. We've had 100% availability since 2011.
- Great user experience- You connect to Authy using a transparent REST API which allows you to customize the experience you want for your users.
On the other hand, Virgil Security provides the following key features:
- End-to-end encryption
- Passwordless authentication
- Data verification
Virgil Security is an open source tool with 139 GitHub stars and 12 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Virgil Security's open source repository on GitHub.
Pros of Authy
- Google Authenticator-compatible1
Pros of Virgil Security
- Saves me time and money1
- Added end-to-end encryption in minutes1
- Quick and easy to implement & deploy1
- Easy API / SDK on every platform I need1
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Cons of Authy
- Terrible UI on mobile2