What is SSLMate?
SSLMate is the easiest way for developers and sysadmins to buy SSL certificates.
SSLMate is a tool in the Security category of a tech stack.
Who uses SSLMate?
4 companies reportedly use SSLMate in their tech stacks, including qfl-stack, immmr, and Sherpa.
6 developers on StackShare have stated that they use SSLMate.
Pros of SSLMate
Decisions about SSLMate
Here are some stack decisions, common use cases and reviews by companies and developers who chose SSLMate in their tech stack.
Our whole DevOps stack consists of the following tools:
- GitHub (incl. GitHub Pages/Markdown for Documentation, GettingStarted and HowTo's) for collaborative review and code management tool
- Respectively Git as revision control system
- SourceTree as Git GUI
- Visual Studio Code as IDE
- CircleCI for continuous integration (automatize development process)
- Prettier / TSLint / ESLint as code linter
- SonarQube as quality gate
- Docker as container management (incl. Docker Compose for multi-container application management)
- VirtualBox for operating system simulation tests
- Kubernetes as cluster management for docker containers
- Heroku for deploying in test environments
- nginx as web server (preferably used as facade server in production environment)
- SSLMate (using OpenSSL) for certificate management
- Amazon EC2 (incl. Amazon S3) for deploying in stage (production-like) and production environments
- PostgreSQL as preferred database system
- Redis as preferred in-memory database/store (great for caching)
The main reason we have chosen Kubernetes over Docker Swarm is related to the following artifacts:
- Key features: Easy and flexible installation, Clear dashboard, Great scaling operations, Monitoring is an integral part, Great load balancing concepts, Monitors the condition and ensures compensation in the event of failure.
- Applications: An application can be deployed using a combination of pods, deployments, and services (or micro-services).
- Functionality: Kubernetes as a complex installation and setup process, but it not as limited as Docker Swarm.
- Monitoring: It supports multiple versions of logging and monitoring when the services are deployed within the cluster (Elasticsearch/Kibana (ELK), Heapster/Grafana, Sysdig cloud integration).
- Scalability: All-in-one framework for distributed systems.
- Other Benefits: Kubernetes is backed by the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF), huge community among container orchestration tools, it is an open source and modular tool that works with any OS.
- No complicated openssl commands.
- Certs delivered straight to your server.
- Automatic renewals with cron.
- Integrate with your configuration management.
- Available as .deb, .rpm, and OS X packages.
SSLMate Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to SSLMate?
See all alternatives
It is a robust, commercial-grade, and full-featured toolkit for the Transport Layer Security (TLS) and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocols. It is also a general-purpose cryptography library.
It is a free, automated, and open certificate authority brought to you by the non-profit Internet Security Research Group (ISRG).
Ensighten is a comprehensive website security company, offering next generation compliance, enforcement and client-side protection against data loss, ad injection and intrusion.
It is a free service that protects your website from spam and abuse. It uses an advanced risk analysis engine and adaptive CAPTCHAs to keep automated software from engaging in abusive activities on your site. It does this while letting your valid users pass through with ease.
We make the best rated Two-Factor Authentication smartphone app for consumers, a Rest API for developers and a strong authentication platform for the enterprise.