Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Amazon Lex vs Dialogflow: What are the differences?
What is Amazon Lex? Build conversational voice and text interfaces, using the same deep learning technologies as Alexa. Lex provides the advanced deep learning functionalities of automatic speech recognition (ASR) for converting speech to text, and natural language understanding (NLU) to recognize the intent of the text, to enable you to build applications with highly engaging user experiences and lifelike conversational interactions.
What is Dialogflow? Give users new ways to interact with your product by building engaging voice and text-based conversational apps. Give users new ways to interact with your product by building engaging voice and text-based conversational apps.
Amazon Lex and Dialogflow can be categorized as "Chatbot Platforms &" tools.
8villages, SnapEngage, and Seistreinta are some of the popular companies that use Dialogflow, whereas Amazon Lex is used by Innovative Virtual Computing Solutions, Shelf, and Lumeneo.com. Dialogflow has a broader approval, being mentioned in 10 company stacks & 8 developers stacks; compared to Amazon Lex, which is listed in 3 company stacks and 3 developer stacks.
Hi, does anyone have recommendations for a chatbot framework? I am currently using Botpress, and I am not happy with it. The upside is: They pretty much have everything you can ask for in a bot solution, but the issue is: They did nothing right, the documentation is terrible, and you have this feeling of it falling apart at any time, which is what actually happened once.
My ideal solution would have:
- Support for Messenger and web (should either have a website chat plugin or straightforward integration with a different one)
- A visual builder (for none tech team members) | This is not a hard requirement though
- A slick DX for building simple things like API calls or more advanced stuff.
- We currently only have a "click bot," so no crazy NLP features required, but in the future a requirement
What I do not want: - I do not want a solution where "someone else" builds the bot for me
- OOTB integration with Messenger and you may use the Web Demo integration provided to embed it to your website. For Messenger, you even have some responses such as image responses, card responses and for those that are not available you can use custom payload.
- It has a very nice visual builder which can be easily used by non-technical builders.
- Fulfillment allows you to easily integrate your APIs.
Coursera has a very nice two-week course to learn how to use it.
Pros of Amazon Lex
- Easy console7
- Built in chat to test your model5
- Great voice2
- Easy integration2
Pros of Dialogflow
- Built-in conversational agents17
- Custom Webhooks7
- Multi Lingual5
- Great interface5
- OOTB integrations4
- Knowledge base2
- Quick display1
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Cons of Amazon Lex
- English only5
Cons of Dialogflow
- Multi lingual9
- Can’t be self-hosted2