Amazon Kinesis vs Firehose.io: What are the differences?
What is Amazon Kinesis? Store and process terabytes of data each hour from hundreds of thousands of sources. Amazon Kinesis can collect and process hundreds of gigabytes of data per second from hundreds of thousands of sources, allowing you to easily write applications that process information in real-time, from sources such as web site click-streams, marketing and financial information, manufacturing instrumentation and social media, and operational logs and metering data.
Amazon Kinesis can be classified as a tool in the "Real-time Data Processing" category, while Firehose.io is grouped under "Realtime Backend / API".
Some of the features offered by Amazon Kinesis are:
- Real-time Processing- Amazon Kinesis enables you to collect and analyze information in real-time, allowing you to answer questions about the current state of your data, from inventory levels to stock trade frequencies, rather than having to wait for an out-of-date report.
- Easy to use- You can create a new stream, set the throughput requirements, and start streaming data quickly and easily. Amazon Kinesis automatically provisions and manages the storage required to reliably and durably collect your data stream.
- High throughput. Elastic.- Amazon Kinesis seamlessly scales to match the data throughput rate and volume of your data, from megabytes to terabytes per hour. Amazon Kinesis will scale up or down based on your needs.
On the other hand, Firehose.io provides the following key features:
- Firehose embraces RESTful design prinicpals and consequently works great with any library that speaks HTTP
- Integrates with Backbone.js and Ember.js
- Hook it into an ORM, like ActiveRecord
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Amazon Kinesis?
What is Firehose.io?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions