What is Amazon Kinesis?
Who uses Amazon Kinesis?
Amazon Kinesis Integrations
Here are some stack decisions, common use cases and reviews by companies and developers who chose Amazon Kinesis in their tech stack.
We are in the process of building a modern content platform to deliver our content through various channels. We decided to go with Microservices architecture as we wanted scale. Microservice architecture style is an approach to developing an application as a suite of small independently deployable services built around specific business capabilities. You can gain modularity, extensive parallelism and cost-effective scaling by deploying services across many distributed servers. Microservices modularity facilitates independent updates/deployments, and helps to avoid single point of failure, which can help prevent large-scale outages. We also decided to use Event Driven Architecture pattern which is a popular distributed asynchronous architecture pattern used to produce highly scalable applications. The event-driven architecture is made up of highly decoupled, single-purpose event processing components that asynchronously receive and process events.
To build our #Backend capabilities we decided to use the following: 1. #Microservices - Java with Spring Boot , Node.js with ExpressJS and Python with Flask 2. #Eventsourcingframework - Amazon Kinesis , Amazon Kinesis Firehose , Amazon SNS , Amazon SQS, AWS Lambda 3. #Data - Amazon RDS , Amazon DynamoDB , Amazon S3 , MongoDB Atlas
To build #Webapps we decided to use Angular 2 with RxJS
#Devops - GitHub , Travis CI , Terraform , Docker , Serverless
I am trying to implement video calling in a React Native app through Amazon Kinesis. But I was unlucky to find anything related to this on the web. Do you have any example code I can use? or any tutorial? If not, how easy is it to bridge the native library to RN? And what should I use WebRTC or Amazon Chime?? Thanks
Amazon Kinesis's Features
- Real-time Processing- Amazon Kinesis enables you to collect and analyze information in real-time, allowing you to answer questions about the current state of your data, from inventory levels to stock trade frequencies, rather than having to wait for an out-of-date report
- Easy to use- You can create a new stream, set the throughput requirements, and start streaming data quickly and easily. Amazon Kinesis automatically provisions and manages the storage required to reliably and durably collect your data stream
- High throughput. Elastic.- Amazon Kinesis seamlessly scales to match the data throughput rate and volume of your data, from megabytes to terabytes per hour. Amazon Kinesis will scale up or down based on your needs
- Integrate with Amazon S3, Amazon Redshift, and Amazon DynamoDB- With Amazon Kinesis, you can reliably collect, process, and transform all of your data in real-time before delivering it to data stores of your choice, where it can be used by existing or new applications. Connectors enable integration with Amazon S3, Amazon Redshift, and Amazon DynamoDB
- Build Kinesis Applications- Amazon Kinesis provides developers with client libraries that enable the design and operation of real-time data processing applications. Just add the Amazon Kinesis Client Library to your Java application and it will be notified when new data is available for processing
- Low Cost- Amazon Kinesis is cost-efficient for workloads of any scale. You can pay as you go, and you’ll only pay for the resources you use. You can get started by provisioning low throughput streams, and only pay a low hourly rate for the throughput you need