8base vs PubNub: What are the differences?
8base: A fully-managed, cloud-based data and serverless compute service exposed through a GraphQL API. A cloud service designed to power enterprise-grade web and mobile applications that require support for large numbers of users, complex data and transactional requirements, comprehensive role-based security and a modern look-and-feel; PubNub: Build real-time apps quickly and scale them globally. PubNub makes it easy for you to add real-time capabilities to your apps, without worrying about the infrastructure. Build apps that allow your users to engage in real-time across mobile, browser, desktop and server.
8base and PubNub can be primarily classified as "Realtime Backend / API" tools.
Some of the features offered by 8base are:
- A simple but powerful data schema definition.
- Fully redundant, secure and scalable relational database and file storage.
- Built-in role-based security and user administration tools.
On the other hand, PubNub provides the following key features:
- Data Push - Establish and maintain persistent socket connections to any device (mobile, browser, desktop and server) and push data to global audiences in less than ¼ of a second
- Presence - Automatically detect when users enter or leave your app and whether machines are online