What is Algolia?
Who uses Algolia?
Here are some stack decisions, common use cases and reviews by companies and developers who chose Algolia in their tech stack.
Hey everybody! (1) I am developing an android application. I have data of around 3 million record (less than a TB). I want to save that data in the cloud. Which company provides the best cloud database services that would suit my scenario? It should be secured, long term useable, and provide better services. I decided to use Firebase Realtime database. Should I stick with Firebase or are there any other companies that provide a better service?
(2) I have the functionality of searching data in my app. Same data (less than a TB). Which search solution should I use in this case? I found Elasticsearch and Algolia search. It should be secure and fast. If any other company provides better services than these, please feel free to suggest them.
I want to develop a mobile app with Cloud Firestore as backend. It's good until I realize need to implement FullTextSearch, and Firestore doesn't support it natively. Although they advise to use Algolia but at this time I'm not willing to pay for it.
Therefore, I'm thinking about using the built-in tool from Google Cloud. Since this app is online-only, the offline & sync are not a top priority, so how about use Google Cloud SQL? Or, do you recommend any stack for me? Thanks for your advice.
- Database search
- Search as you type
- Analytics dashboard
- Search in any language
- Understand users mistakes
- Smart Highlighting
- Realtime indexing
- Protect your indexes from misuse
- Discover realtime faceting
- Search objects by location