What is Amazon CloudSearch?
Amazon CloudSearch enables you to search large collections of data such as web pages, document files, forum posts, or product information. With a few clicks in the AWS Management Console, you can create a search domain, upload the data you want to make searchable to Amazon CloudSearch, and the search service automatically provisions the required technology resources and deploys a highly tuned search index.
Amazon CloudSearch is a tool in the Search as a Service category of a tech stack.
Who uses Amazon CloudSearch?
24 companies reportedly use Amazon CloudSearch in their tech stacks, including Amazon, Studyplus, and Bizongo.
69 developers on StackShare have stated that they use Amazon CloudSearch.
Amazon CloudSearch Integrations
Pros of Amazon CloudSearch
Amazon CloudSearch's Features
- Simple to Configure – You can make your data searchable using the AWS Management Console, API calls, or command line tools. Simply point to a sample set of data, and Amazon CloudSearch automatically proposes a list of index fields and a suggested configuration.
- Automatic Scaling For Data &
- Traffic – Amazon CloudSearch scales up and down seamlessly as the amount of data or query volume changes.
- Low Latency, High Throughput – Amazon CloudSearch always stores your index in RAM to ensure low latency and high throughput performance even at large scale. Amazon CloudSearch was created from the same A9 technology that powers search on Amazon.com.
- Rich Search Features – Amazon CloudSearch indexes and searches both structured data and plain text. It includes most search features that developers have come to expect from a search engine, such as faceted search, free text search, Boolean search, customizable relevance ranking, query time rank expressions, field weighting, and sorting of results using any field. Amazon CloudSearch also provides near real-time indexing of document updates.
- Secure – Amazon CloudSearch uses strong cryptographic methods to authenticate users and prevent unauthorized control of your domains. Amazon CloudSearch supports HTTPS and includes web service interfaces to configure firewall settings that control network access to your domain.
Amazon CloudSearch Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Amazon CloudSearch?
See all alternatives
Our mission is to make you a search expert. Push data to our API to make it searchable in real time. Build your dream front end with one of our web or mobile UI libraries. Tune relevance and get analytics right from your dashboard.
Elasticsearch is a distributed, RESTful search and analytics engine capable of storing data and searching it in near real time. Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats and Logstash are the Elastic Stack (sometimes called the ELK Stack).
Solr is the popular, blazing fast open source enterprise search platform from the Apache Lucene project. Its major features include powerful full-text search, hit highlighting, faceted search, near real-time indexing, dynamic clustering, database integration, rich document (e.g., Word, PDF) handling, and geospatial search. Solr is highly reliable, scalable and fault tolerant, providing distributed indexing, replication and load-balanced querying, automated failover and recovery, centralized configuration and more. Solr powers the search and navigation features of many of the world's largest internet sites.
Azure Search makes it easy to add powerful and sophisticated search capabilities to your website or application. Quickly and easily tune search results and construct rich, fine-tuned ranking models to tie search results to business goals. Reliable throughput and storage provide fast search indexing and querying to support time-sensitive search scenarios.
Lucene Core, our flagship sub-project, provides Java-based indexing and search technology, as well as spellchecking, hit highlighting and advanced analysis/tokenization capabilities.