Stripe vs Stripe Billing: What are the differences?
Developers describe Stripe as "Payments for developers". Stripe makes it easy for developers to accept credit cards on the web. On the other hand, Stripe Billing is detailed as "A set of tools for billing and subscriptions". A set of billing and subscription tools for developers and business people. Developers can use out-of-the-box functionality to get started quickly or use the composable API building blocks to design fully customized subscription logic and pricing models. Business people can create and manage subscriptions and invoices—and view detailed financial reports.
Stripe and Stripe Billing belong to "Payment Services" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Stripe are:
- Full-stack payments- You don’t need a merchant account or gateway. Stripe handles everything, including storing cards, subscriptions, and direct payouts to your bank account. Stripe.js lets you build your own payment forms while still avoiding PCI requirements.
- An API that gets out of your way- It’s so easy, we’ve embedded a bunch of examples right here. Copy some of these requests into your terminal and check out what happens. With wrappers in Ruby, PHP, Python and more, you can get started in minutes.
- Pricing like it should be- 2.9% + 30 cents per successful charge. No setup fees, no monthly fees, no card storage fees, no hidden costs: you only get charged when you earn money.
On the other hand, Stripe Billing provides the following key features:
- Accept Orders - From the dashboard, Stripe.js and Elements, Billing API & Mobile SDKs
- Billing & Invoicing - One-off billing, recurring billing, flexible billing, invoice delivery, hosted invoice pages, and sales tax integrations
- Collect Payments - Credit cards, ACH and wire, local payments, retry logic, card updater, payment reminders
reddit, Instacart, and Lyft are some of the popular companies that use Stripe, whereas Stripe Billing is used by Nextdoor, eero, and Unleak. Stripe has a broader approval, being mentioned in 1622 company stacks & 520 developers stacks; compared to Stripe Billing, which is listed in 14 company stacks and 7 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Stripe?
What is Stripe Billing?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions