Searchkick vs MeiliSearch: What are the differences?
Searchkick: Intelligent search made easy. Searchkick learns what your users are looking for. As more people search, it gets smarter and the results get better. It’s friendly for developers - and magical for your users; MeiliSearch: *Ultra relevant, instant and typo-tolerant full-text search API *. It is a powerful, fast, open-source, easy to use, and deploy search engine. The search and indexation are fully customizable and handles features like typo-tolerance, filters, and synonyms.
Searchkick and MeiliSearch can be categorized as "Search Engines" tools.
Some of the features offered by Searchkick are:
- stemming - tomatoes matches tomato
- special characters - jalapeno matches jalapeño
- extra whitespace - dishwasher matches dish washer
On the other hand, MeiliSearch provides the following key features:
- Search as-you-type experience (answers < 50ms)
- Full-text search
- Typo tolerant (understands typos and spelling mistakes)
Searchkick and MeiliSearch are both open source tools. Searchkick with 5.14K GitHub stars and 613 forks on GitHub appears to be more popular than MeiliSearch with 731 GitHub stars and 24 GitHub forks.