Librato vs TraceView: What are the differences?
Developers describe Librato as "Real-Time Cloud Monitoring". Librato provides a complete solution for monitoring and understanding the metrics that impact your business at all levels of the stack. We provide everything you need to visualize, analyze, and actively alert on the metrics that matter to you. On the other hand, TraceView is detailed as "Ridiculously Detailed Application Monitoring". Expose everything, from the webserver to database, cache and API calls. The core technology is based on X-Trace, a distributed tracing framework that’s served as the inspiration for companies like Google and Twitter.
Librato and TraceView can be categorized as "Performance Monitoring" tools.
Some of the features offered by Librato are:
- REST API accepts any metrics you define
- Turnkey integration with AWS, Heroku, collectd, and more
- Integrates with more than 100 open-source agents, and language bindings
On the other hand, TraceView provides the following key features:
- Track every machine involved in a transaction and identify bottlenecks in a single click.
- Isolate interesting calls and drill down to the line of code and machine it ran on.
- Tie together code and infrastructure metrics with database, service, and cache calls, all in the context of a single transaction.
"Easy setup" is the primary reason why developers consider Librato over the competitors, whereas "The heatmap helped me isolate DB related issues" was stated as the key factor in picking TraceView.